Sunday, September 8, 2013

"His and Her" Christmas tags

This is VSN weekend at Splitcoast, and the theme is "Opposites Attract."  One of the challenges called for us to make mini tags showing both a masculine and feminine side.  Since I wanted to make Christmas tags anyway, I made little gift tags.

My "masculine" tags are done on manila shipping tags. I sponged the edges with brown ink to give them more of a vintage look, and used simple, nature-inspired images on them. (I couldn't decide for sure it that Stampin' Up image was holly or mistletoe, so one tag has red berries and the other white).  I used the white string that came with the shipping tags.

The "feminine" tags are bright white with images of the more "commercial" side of Christmas -- candy canes and stockings. These images are both parts of larger stamps, so I ended up coloring the stamps with markers so that only the part I wanted to use would be inked up, and I didn't have to worry about stray partial images. I used coordinating ribbon and fibers on these tags.

I made all eight tags in the 45-minute time limit imposed by VSN, so I feel like I did well. Personally, I prefer the so-called masculine tags.

I am  entering these tags in the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge "Anything But a Card."  The are also for the CRAFT challenge #223 "Christmas."



1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of his and hers Christmas Tags. I really like both designs so I would have either :) Thanks for sharing with us this week at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts